Ludlow Wildlife Watch - Wildlife Encounters Course
30 May 2018, 09:30 - 31 October 2018, 15:30 (Add to calendar)
Are your Children aged 7+ and passionate about Wildlife?
Join us in the holidays over the 6 months for true Wildlife encounters with Shropshire Wildlife Trust and you child can also in the mean time earn a nationally recognised environmental award - The John Muir - Discovery award.
This course includes (for just £25 per child and free for accompanying adults)
- 5 full days of wildlife encounter days spread across 6 months, to see different Wildlife through the seasons.
- Led by Wildlife experts
- The completion of the 5 days will result in both parent and child receiving their Discovery John Muir award
- The days will include exploring, discovering and conserving beautiful areas of South Shropshire
Course dates ( £25 set price for the 5 days - to complete the award)
- Wednesday 30th May - Exploring Freshwater Invertebrates and amphibians
- Tuesday 31st July - Discovering Bees and Butterflies, close observation and surveying
- Wednesday 29th August - Discovering the secret life of bats ( learn how to survey bats, learn about their ecology)
- Sunday 2nd September - Conserving an endangered mammal - Small Mammal Survey and Pine Martens
- Wednesday 31st October - Exploring the migration of birds and birds of prey (build your own nest box)
Location for the first events will be Whitcliffe Common. will provide details for the following locations on the first day, they will all be in South Shropshire in a locale near to Ludlow.
*** This is a set course to complete the John Muir award, it is open to families with children 7+ (ideally) you have to book the 5 days to complete the John Muir award ****
Any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Bryony Carter - Shropshire Wildlife Trust -